A Rochdale businessman, who pocketed nearly £1.25 million from two VAT frauds, has been ordered to repay almost £400,000 or face another four years in jail after an investigation by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
Call: 01795 841 310
8.00am - 5.00pm weekdays
Ask a question
Fill in our simple form and get in contact with us nowProceed ▸
Losing or damaging your tools may leave you unable to carry on working and could also put you out of pocket. Solar has a policy that could help protect you.
The policy provides cover for up to your selected indemnity limit (sum assured) in the event that property belonging to you or for which you are responsible is :
- Lost or,
- Destroyed or,
- Loaded in or on your vehicle,
- Carried by your vehicle,
- Temporarily housed in or on your vehicle,
- Being unloaded from your vehicle.
Claims are subject to an excess of £50.00 or £100.00 dependant upon the sum assured you have selected, see below:
Indemnity Limit (sum assured) Excess
£1,000 to £10,000 £100.00
Useful InformationClick the topic below to expand the section
- Up to £500.00
- Up to £1,000.00
- Up to £2,500.00
- Up to £5,000.00
- Up to £7,500.00
- Up to £10,000.00
£50.00 excess on an indemnity limit of up to £500.00
£100.00 excess on all other undemnity limits.
- Loss of Sheets, ropes, packing materials, damaged securing chains or toggles;
- Money and securites;
- Jewellery, watches, furs, cameras, radios, televisions, record players, cassette players, video and other electronic equipment;
- Personal belonginigs of the insured or of any vehicle drivers or attendants;
- Property carried by or dispatched by the insured for hire and reward.
Please note that this list is not exhaustitive, please read the Tools in Transit Policy Summary for full details, this can be found in the Useful Documents section of the quote pages.
All doors, windows and other openings must be left closed, securely locked and properly fastened and any additional security measures (e.g. vehicle alarm, where present) must be activated.
Where property is left in the vehicle overnight (between the hours of 10.00pm and 6.00am)
The vehicle must be secured as described above and must:
- be garaged in a building which is securely closed and locked or parked in a compound secured by locked gates, or
- the vehicle must be parked on your driveway off-road adjacent to your house.
Where property is left in an unattended vehicle for long periods of time.
You must carry out a security check of the unattended vehicle every 48 hours whilst property is contained within it. If you are unable to check the vehicle every 48 hours you must remove the property.
Make a PaymentClick here to make a payment for a current or new policy.