A Ballymena shopkeeper, who hid illicit tobacco under the floor boards of his store and thousands of pounds of cash in his shoes, has been sentenced for excise fraud.
Call: 01795 841 310
8.00am - 5.00pm weekdays
Ask a question
Fill in our simple form and get in contact with us nowProceed ▸
Tax Investigation Insurance
Having a Solar Protect policy at your disposal means that should you be one of the many 1000's of businesses or individuals that are selected by HMRC each year to look into your tax affairs your own accountant (Your tax return agent) can get on and defend you robustly. You have the peace of mind knowing that your accountants fees will be paid by the insurance without any Excess for you to find.
If your turnover exceeds £10 million then please call us for a bespoke quotation on 01795 841310.
Choose the right policy for you.... QUOTE & BUY NOW by clicking on one of the products below:
Solar Protect Qdos Tax Investigation Insurance Sole Trader
Click here for a quote and buy nowfrom £97.57 p/a »
Solar Protect Qdos Tax Investigation Insurance Private Return
Click here for a quote and buy nowfrom £88.75 p/a »
Solar Protect Tax Investigation Insurance Ltd or Partnership
Click here for a quote and buy nowfrom £187.50 p/a »
From the 25th May 2018 you have to give us consent to store your personal information relating to your insurance needs. This information is required by us to obtain new business quotations from insurers/underwriters, if required that could include credit providers/credit & debit card payment providers (these are called 3rd parties) we will always store this information securely and would never pass this onto any other party without your consent. You are also able to withdraw your consent at any time in the future. By completing this application to obtain a quote for your needs you are consenting for us to hold our personal information.
If you're an Accountant, Bookkeeper or Insurance broker, we have many ways that you can promote these products to your clients, to find out more click the relevant link below.
Are you an ACCOUNTANT? please click here
Are you a BOOKKEEPER? please click here
Are you an INSURANCE BROKER? please click here
Useful InformationClick the topic below to expand the section
• Upto £150 per hour (option 1)
• £150 - £200 per hour (option 2)
• £200 - £300 per hour (option 3)
If you know that your Accountant (your tax return agent) charges £175 per hour then you should select option 2, if they charge £250 then you should select option 3
If your accountant charges £325 per hour you have two options
You can take out option 3. The policy will pay the first three hundred pounds per hour of a claim and you can pay the difference direct to your accountant or you can call us direct for a quote to cover the whole £325 per hour
We appreciate that many accountants (your tax return agent) charge a relationship fee to look after your affairs and as such do not ‘publish’ an hourly rate. The majority of our policies are issued at option 1, so will cover upto £150 per hour. If your accountant at the point of enquiry tells you the rate will be £175 the shortfall can be made by you. Cover will not be excluded because the hourly rate selected is too low
- Income Tax Self Assessment aspect and or full enquiries*
- Corporation Tax Self Assessment aspect and or full enquiries
- H M Revenue & Customs VAT disputes
- Employer compliance disputes PAYE/ P11D/ NIC
- IR35 disputes
- Now covers business's with an annual turnover of up to £10 million
- Fees incurred by your accountant attending meetings with H M Revenue & Customs (HMRC) or responding to correspondence from HMRC when you are subject to an HMRC check, enquiry, visit, meeting or dispute.
- Includes professional fees incurred in respect of local review of the enquiry and preparation and representation at an appeal to a First-tier Tribunal or Upper Tribunal.
- Cover is included for directors/partners personal returns and also applies even if you have income that does not generate from the business, there are some limitations to this income so please call for full details.
Most enquiries are generated by computer "risk profiling" and many are selected completely at random.
As a result, HMRC sometimes picks the wrong target. Even if you have done nothing wrong, the taxman will not give and still try hard to find errors.
Which category do you fall into from the following
- Individual Self Assessment
- Sole Trader with a turnover of less than £85,000 per annum (not VAT registered)
- Sole Trader with a turnover of less than £250,000 per annum and not registered for VAT
- Sole Trader with a turnover of less than £250.000 per annum and registered for VAT
- Sole Trader with a turnover of more than £250,000 but less than £10 million
- Ltd/Partnership with a turnover of less than £150,000 not registered for VAT
- Ltd/Partnership with a turnover of less than £150,000 registered for VAT
- Ltd/Partnership with a turnover of more than £150,000 but less than £10 million
- Enquiries or Disputes, which have commenced prior to the inception of the policy.
- Fees incurred reconstructing books and records that have been poorly maintained.
- Enquiries or Disputes where fraudulent evasion of tax is involved.
- Enquiries or Disputes resulting from tax returns, which are submitted more than 90 days after the statutory filing date.
- Costs incurred without the Insurers consent.
A Solar Protect policy will enable your Accountant (your tax return agent) to:
- Deal with any correspondence from HMRC
- Attend any meeting with HMRC
- Appeal to the First-tier Tribunal or Upper Tribunal
- Having the security of knowing that fees will be met in full will enable your Accountant (your tax return agent) to defend your position robustly
- Premiums are Annual Premiums.
- Premiums are inclusive of 12% IPT.
- Premiums and IPT are due in full in advance / at commencement of scheme.
- There is a NIL excess on all policies.
- Our cancellation terms are pro rata returns if the policy is not required mid term (assuming no claim on policy).
A proportion of cases will be selected for full enquiry on an entirely random basis as part of the Error and Fraud Analysis Programme (EFAP). The selection will be carried out by Head Office from across the entire tax credits population. These cases are known as EFAP enquiries.
Judicial Review £10,000
All Other Claims £100,000
Make a PaymentClick here to make a payment for a current or new policy.